Sunday, May 22, 2011

Tiffany's, Snow Factory, and Sushi Company (05/22/11)

Today I finally hanged out with one of my good guy friends.  It's been a while since we got to hang out so it was nice.  (Sorry for the lack of pictures).  First we decided to go to Ala Moana and check out Tiffany's.  While walking through the food court I bumped into my in-laws so we sat down with them for a bit to talk.  I wish I brought my daughter so they could have saw her but she was at home since my brother offered to babysit.  

Anyways, it was my second time ever visiting Tiffany's.  We wanted to see their selection of wedding rings since he's planning to propose to his girl friend soon.  I couldn't believe how expensive their rings cost.  With all of my rings combined (promise ring, engagement ring and wedding band) it was still less compared to one of their cheapest engagement rings.  Gosh!  So crazy.  He didn't buy any of the rings but did get some quotes so he could think more about it.

Next stop was Snow Factory (they don't have an actual site so the link is to their reviews on Yelp).  This place is unique compared to other shave ice places on Hawaii.  They make the ice paper thin so it just melts in your mouth.  The prices are fair and they also provide free dry/crumbled toppings (oreos, chocolate chip cookies, ritz crackers, gummi bears, etc).  


My first time at Snow Factory I shared a lycee shave ice with my girl friends.  This time I got their number one regular selling shave ice, Strawberry and Vanilla.  I also added homemade mochi, oreos and chocolate chip cookies.  It was delicious! 


On our way home I was still hungry considering the shave ice was all I ate so far.  So we stopped by Sushi Company because their garlic chicken is amazing.  I ordered my usual, the garlic chicken bento.  Both places are located in McCully so if you're ever in the area I suggest trying them out.   

No comments: